Sanral recently announced its investment in a road infrastructure project in Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality with a contract value of R500m. The project entails the improvement of the N2 from Green River to Buffalo River Bridge
The project is for the improvement of the N2 national road’s Sections 14 and 15 from Green River to Buffalo River Bridge for a duration of 33 months and entails:
- Road widening and re-construction to improve the level of service to road users;
- Geometric improvements to improve the road alignment;
- Geometric safety improvements at intersections;
- Construction of a new bridge over the Tshoxa River and adjacent railway line;
- A second new bridge over the Tshoxa River (next to Engen); and
- A new bridge over the Buffalo River in King Williams Town.